I’ll need to be really focused to manage my writing goals for 2014. I’ve got a lot planned. This year is one of the first that writing will be one of my main activities, apart from spending time with God. I’ve got a passion for writing, but I’ll need to turn that passion into writing energy in 2014.
2013 was an eventful year for me. I gave up my teaching job to become a full-time freelance copywriter. I did it because it was what God instructed me to do. I’m now a freelance copywriter. So I’ll be doing lots of writing this year, especially if I want to make money to pay the bills.
Below are my writing goals for 2014:
- While reading through the book of Ezekiel, God gave me an idea for a story. It’s going to be a fiction novel based on some characters in one of the chapters. I hope to finish writing this novel by the end of spring 2014. I’ve written the first chapter. I aim to commit to writing at least 500 words a day for the next three months to finish it by the planned date.
- I recently enrolled on a ‘Writing Your Novel’ course with the Writers Bureau. It’s got 10 modules. This course will help with writing my novel. I plan to study for one hour each day on the modules.
- I’m in the process of creating a new niche for my other blog Miraculous Ladies. The niche I’m planning is for up-and-coming mature entrepreneur women over 40. I aim to offer lots of useful advice relating to starting a business, blogging, freelance writing, relationships, health and beauty tips and more. I’ll be doing lots of research and writing because I want to give useful information.
- I will be sticking to a regular updating schedule for my business blog Divine Copywriter. I’ll be publishing a post once a week.
- I joined Na No Wri two years ago and started writing a novel that’s been on my mind for quite a while. Unfortunately, due to some changes in my home I wasn’t able to complete it. I started again this year, but my gorgeous seven month old grandson took first place over my writing. I also had to help my daughter. He is her first baby. So, once again, the novel wasn’t finished. This year I’ll be attempting to write another novel I’ve got in the pipeline. Hopefully, I’ll be able to finish it (at least the draft) if I stick to typing the required number of words each day.
- This blog has been updated regularly. I plan to write fresh content once a week. There are lots of single Christian mummies like me out there. I need to start sharing useful tips, advice and resources to help them. I also plan to use Bobbie’s Testimony course on this blog. It helped me write my testimony ‘Snatched Out of Darkness‘. It will be great to hear how God’s been working in the lives of others.
As you can see, I’ve got a lot of writing to do as well as running a freelance business. I know I will need to focus to achieve my writing goals for 2014. It’s a privilege to be part of this blog hop. I’m looking forward to making some new friends.
I’m taking part in a 6 week blog hop challenge. It’s organised by Ruth Synder. It’s a fantastic way to meet other bloggers and get focused for 2014. If you would like to take part click on this link: Ruth Synder